Too often, workers are injured or killed because of accidents that resulted from OSHA violations and other workplace safety violations on construction sites and other worksites. In many cases, the employer knew or should have known about the safety violations. Had they taken measures to correct the problem, serious injuries and fatalities could have been avoided.
At Sherman Law, PLLC, in Portsmouth, New Hampshire, we pursue accountability in personal injury and wrongful death cases which arise from workplace safety violations.
Common workplace safety violations on construction sites and other worksites include:
- Failure to provide adequate fall protection on roofs or scaffolding
- Broken, malfunctioning or inadequate safety guardrails on scaffolding
- Inadequate head protection
- Inadequate barriers/unprotected sides and edges when working on heights
- Inadequate on-the-job safety training
- Unsafe handling or storing of electrical cords
- Other worksite hazards
Sherman Law, PLLC, has extensive experience defending clients in OSHA violation cases. This experience enables the firm to know what to expect and how to effectively prepare a solid claim on behalf of injured clients and their families.
Our skilled lawyer represents clients who have suffered brain injuries, amputations, electrical shock or electrocution, back or neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, and other serious injuries or fatal injuries as a result of negligence or carelessness in the workplace.
Other Workplace Safety Violations
In addition to handling personal injury claims arising from construction site accidents, we investigate personal injury claims involving workplace safety issues in a number of other work-related accidents and injuries. Our experience enables us to represent workers in cases related to:
- Electrical accidents: including workers injured due to electrical safety violations, and cases in which clients were injured when tripping over exposed electrical wires, when splicing cords or wires, or when working with shorted circuits.
- Offshore injuries: including workers who have been injured due to workplace safety violations on offshore rigs, lobster boats or ports.
- Lifting injuries: including workers who have suffered low back injuries and other injuries when loading or unloading trucks or when performing other lifting tasks on the job.
New Hampshire Lifting Injury Attorney
Workplace injuries frequently are covered under the employer's workers' compensation coverage, which provides for lost wages, medical expenses and other damages. However, additional compensation may be available through third-party liability claims. As an experienced personal injury law firm, Sherman Law, PLLC, can help you determine appropriate legal action and pursue the full compensation you will need for the future.
Contact an experienced Portsmouth workplace safety attorney at Sherman Law, PLLC, today to discuss your personal injury or wrongful death case. We hold negligent parties accountable for violating workplace safety regulations and OSHA violations. From our office in Portsmouth, we serve clientele in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.